1. The playing area is 46 x 26 m.
2. The size of goals is 5 x 2m.
3. The size of ball is 5.
4. The pitch consists of natural grass.
5. Matches are 20 minutes each half.
6. Half time is 5 minutes.
7. If a team arrives late (after the official start of the match) then they lose the match by default (5-0).
8. The referee must add extra time to the game if it was interrupted due to injury, deliberate delaying etc. 10. If a match is suspended part-way through, due to inclement weather or any other unforeseeable circumstance, then the re-scheduled match will resume at the exact same point at which it was suspended.
Players and Squads
9. Only corporate teams can participate
10. All the players must be at least 2 months employees of the participating company. (They have to start to be employed at the company before: 19.08.2022)
11. Two companies together can create one team.
12. Players must be a minimum of 16 years old. Any player that is under 18 must have signed permission from their legal representative.
14. Players must be amateur. Players with a professional contract at the time of the EURO Business Cup as well as 365 or less days before the day of opening ceremony are not allowed to participate.
15. One team can have: minimum 10- maximum 15 players.
16. Every team need to fullfil “EURO Business Cup Player Registration Form” at least 30 days before the event.
17. Only players and squad members registered on are allowed to sat down on their bench.
18. Squads will not be able to change benches at half time.
19. A maximum of 5 team management members are allowed to represent the team on the team bench during the games.
20. Players must be able to identify by showing a hard copy or photocopy of their ID card or passport.
21. After group stage players must present ID card or passport for identification for each game they play.
22. Players without ID are not allowed to participate to game.
23. The players identification are made by referees who officiate the match.
24. Each squad should wear the home/away kit as instructed in the Tournament Director’s schedule.
25. Each player will wear a long or short sleeved jersey with which should have a printed number between 1 and 99 on the back. The number on the jersey must be the same as the number submitted to the referee and printed on their match card.
26. If a player’s jersey is damaged then they may swap to a jersey with a different number, so long as no other player has worn that number during the game. In this case the team captain must alert the referee of the change before it is done.
27. The goal keeper’s kit should be a different colour to the rest of their team.
28. Shin pads must be worn.
29. All football shoes are allowed apart from medal studs.
30. Wearing jewellery of any kind is forbidden.
31. Two referees will officiate each match, from opposing sidelines. The referee has the authority to:
a) Start, suspend and restart the game as appropriate
b) Warn or penalize players for both on and off-field behaviour
c) Exercise discretionary power
d) Add extra time to the game for any delays
Start of the game
32. The team manager/ leader/ delegate / captain must be in place at least 30 minutes before the start of the game to complete the match card.
33. Five minutes before start of the game the teams will be informed by the speaker to prepare.
34. The referee will then toss a coin and the captain of the team listed second in the fixtures (the ‘away’ team) will choose heads or tails. The winner of the coin toss will choose an end, the losing team will kick off.
35. Shortly before the match starts the EMF anthem will be played. Directly after this the games will start.
36. A maximum of 6 players are allowed on the pitch at any given time.
38. There are unlimited substitutions.
39. Substitutions are roll on, roll off, at the halfway line on the side of the pitch where the teams are located.
40. Substitution mistakes (too many players on the pitch) will be punished with a yellow card for the last incoming player.
41. If a player is injured they may leave the field from another point, but the player replacing them must enter at the halfway line upon authorisation of the referee.
42. In the case that a goalkeeper is substituted for an outfield player, the outfield player must wear a different coloured jersey from the rest of the team.
43. Slide tackles are not allowed.
44. General sliding to control or stop the ball is permitted only if there is no opponent nearby.
45. Slide tackles will be judged as “technical fouls” which results in an indirect free-kick.
46. If the ball goes from one goal keeper into the opposing goal then this still counts as a valid goal.
47. A goal can be scored directly from a goal kick.
48. If a match is drawn, and a winner must be determined, there will be three penalties from each side. If the teams still cannot be separated then the game will go to sudden death penalties until a winner is found. The players taking the sudden death penalties must be different to the players who have taken the first three penalties.
49. If the ball goes out of play it will be thrown-in from the side-line.
50. If the ball passes the goal line (but there was no goal) then the goal keeper must restart the game by a kick-off.
51. The distance between the ball and the opponents at a free-kick should be 5 meters.
52. In general free kicks are direct free kicks.
Yellow and Red Cards
53. A red card results in exclusion of the relevant player for the rest of the game and the team will be reduced to 5 players for 5 minutes.
54. A player who receives a direct red card will be banned from playing in the subsequent game.
55. A player who receives two yellow cards in one game will be shown a red car and therefore is excluded for the remainder of the game. The team will be reduced to 5 players for 5 minutes.
56. A player who receives a yellow card in three separate games is banned from playing in the subsequent game after receiving the third yellow card. This rule applies throughout the whole competition and the player’s record will not be wiped after the group games.
57. The Tournament Director has the authority, following consultation with the Disciplinary Committee (DC), to exclude a player for the remainder of the tournament for very serious offences (violence towards players, officials, spectators etc.)
58. Team officials and management are subject to the same disciplinary measures as players.
59. 16 teams progress into the next round of the competition (Last 16). The 1st placed teams and the 2nd placed teams will be qualified to the Last 16 round and the best '4' 3rd place team from the groups. No teams from the same group can meet.
60. In the event that teams are tied on points then their position in the group shall be determined by:
a) mutual game
b) goal difference
d) number of wins
e) EMF ranking
f) the difficulty of the opponents (on the basis of the opponents points in the EMF ranking) g) the draw
61. Rule for the best 3rd place teams ranking
1. The ranking is made between 3 place teams for all groups by:
1.2 Goal scored
1.3 Goal difference
1.4 Number of wins
1.5 Fair Play points. 3p for direct red, 1 point for yellow.
1.6 EMF ranking for National Associations
1.7 The difficulty of the opponents (on the basis of the opponents points in the EMF ranking)
2. No teams from the same group can meet.
3. If after the ranking between the 3rd place teams the team from the 3rd place is supposed to play the team from the same group, this will move automatically the 3rd place team to the next opponent according the schedule.
Any matters of dispute can be referred to the Disciplinary Committee to make an unbiased and independent judgement.
The Disciplinary Committee will have unfettered and independent jurisdiction and retains the right to impose penalties for disciplinary incidents on and off the field, up to a maximum of €250 and in addition to the standard red and yellow card fines put in place by the Committee of the Interior, to prevent the sport of minifootball being brought into disrepute.
The EMF Executive Committee reserves the right to make changes to the EURO Business Cup Rule, subject to agreement from the Tournament Director.